VOA美语咖啡屋 Lesson 80:Jason on Sierra Club Y: 各位听众好,我是杨晨!欢迎您到美语咖啡屋! J: Hello I'm Jody! Welcome to American Cafe! (sigh) You know, Yang Chen, we are really lucky to work in Washington, D.C. Y: Lucky? 很

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语中级

Larry在和李华商量去什么地方渡假。他们会用到两个常用语:make up your mind和live within your means。 Larry: Lihua, do you want to go to Toronto? I did a little research and found some really cool tours and - LH: Larry, 我不是

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

He couldn't find his pen. Where is my pen, he wondered. He looked for his pen. It was on top of the microwave. He couldn't find his cell phone. Where is my cell phone, he wondered. He looked for his cell phone. It was on top of the TV. He couldn't fi

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Sumatran Tiger Zoo Director Lucy Spelman and Wayne Milner, great cat keeper, with Berani (Photo - National Zoo) Broadcast: January 15, 2002 The Smithsonian National Zoological Pa

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Take just a minute and think about the future you'd like to have. To get there, you need to be responsible and save your money so that it grows over time. This is Saving Money in Plain English. Meet Jasmine, she is 20 years old and her goal is to buy

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Y: 各位听众好,我是杨晨!欢迎您到美语咖啡屋! J: Hello I'm Jody! Welcome to American Cafe! (sigh) You know, Yang Chen, we are really lucky to work in Washington, D.C. Y: Lucky? 很幸

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 美语咖啡屋

As the availability of burial plots continues to dwindle and their costs keep increasing, China is encouraging eco-friendly and land-saving burials, but there are a few challenges to overcome before the efforts will make a difference. Professor Qiao

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

As the availability of burial plots continues to dwindle and their costs keep increasing, China is encouraging eco-friendly and land-saving burials, but there are a few challenges to overcome before the efforts will make a difference. Professor Qiao

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

英文学习笔记: live paycheck to paycheck 月光族 budget n. 预算,开支 responsibility n. 责任 spending limit 支出限度 I always wondering that do Americans have the habit of saving? 我很好奇,美国人有存钱的习惯吗? I

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

The River Rh?ne flows south into a gulf called the Gulf of Lyons, which is a part of the Mediterranean Sea. 罗讷河往南流入一个海湾,叫做里昂湾,它是地中海的一部分。 The chief city on the Gulf of Lyons is Marseilles. 里昂湾

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

In short, don't double down on an asset that has had such a tremendous run. You are likely coming to the game too late, since most of the gains have already been made. That can skew your portfolio too sharply in a single direction, making you vulnera

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

Try frugal gift-giving 送礼从简 Giving people gifts is one of the most wonderful traditions, as it shows generosity and caring. Until it becomes commercialized. Then it's just really really expensive. Instead, try giving the gift of spending time

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

IWannaBeAFireman Iwannabeafireman Inahookandladdertruck Savingallthebuildings Whenafirehasstruck Iwannabeafireman DoingallIcan That'swhatIwanttobe WhenIgrowuptobeaman Woman They'vegotthosecrazypoles Atthestation Youcansliderightdown Tothefloor Whenyo

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国 Kidsongs 英语儿童歌曲

032 A Piggy Bank Once there were lots of toys in a room. There was a saving box on the dresser, and it was a small piggy bank. The piggy bank was full of bronze, gold and silver coins. The piggy bank knew that he had many coins inside of him. That's

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(190) / 评论(0) 分类 100个儿童英语小故事

Sara al-Matoura watched her daughter through a window as her daughters chest moved up and down under a tangle of medical wires. The mother from the Syrian city of Homs had not eaten for a day. She was up all night by her one-year-old daughters side a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

By Lisa Schein The United Nations is appealing for $1.5 billion for humanitarian assistance next year in conflict-ravaged Sudan. Lisa Schlein in Geneva reports almost half the money will go towards li

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--世界经济

我把全部的爱都留给你 Whitney Houston Saving All My Love for You是惠特尼休斯顿(Whitney Houston)个人首张专辑的第二首热门歌曲,该歌曲曾使惠特尼休斯顿获得了1986年格莱美音乐奖最佳流行女歌手及全

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 格莱美获奖歌曲

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This Edition Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi holds talks with a special envoy to Palestinian President Mahmood Abbas over the situation in the Middle East. Life in both Gaza

发表于:2019-02-28 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 2012CRI中国国际广播电台

Todd: So Kevin, you were saying that you've been poor, broke, a couple of times. You talked about being in New York, and being broke. When else have you been broke? Kevin: Wow. Well, after New York, the following year, when I came down from New York,

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. I'm Liz Waid Voice 2 And I'm Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 In the small village of Pitala, a w

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight